More and more businesses are reopening and we at STS, are aware of the difficulty of raising awareness and getting customers back in through the doors again. Our team got in touch with clients, who came up with some great ideas to help you to get your customers flocking to your open door once again.
- Make sure your shop looks open from the outside – door open, lights on, you could even put some ‘open’ balloons out!
- Regular social media updates are a great way to get visibility.
- It is crucial that your clients feel confident that your store is a safe environment to visit – a simple walk through video showing the safety measures you have in place, shared over social media, is a great way to display how you have created a safe space.
- Have a box of face masks and hand sanitiser available on the counter.
- A hot air blimp, signage or advertising van near to the building, situated in a busy area.
- Something interactive, such as having a dart board in your store with bullseye prizes.
- A reward scheme is a great way to attract new customers, and reward your loyal regulars.
- Offer FOC treats to traders like chocolates on the counter or an FOC butty voucher they can use at a local sandwich shop when they spend over a certain amount.
- Offer FOC screen wash for their vans.
- Get £20 off their next shop for recommending a friend.
- Offer printed freebies, such as t-shirts, caps, beanies, mugs, pens and pads.
- Offer direct to site deliveries for larger jobs.
- Product training sessions – get a supplier in to run some training.
- Make sure everything is clearly priced.
- Get a fast moving product that all traders use, ie. gloves, wipes, etc, and sell them at a highly discounted rate to attract impulse buys.
- Open bright and early so your customers can collect what they need and be ready to start on site first thing in the morning!
We’d love to hear from you with any ideas as to how you’re being proactive in getting clients through your doors and getting your business back on track.